Wednesday 11 March 2020

LSuC 2020 - Arrivals

The Learning Societies UnConference was something I heard of last August during the Conversactions workshop in Swaraj University, Udaipur.
It sounded like something for educationists and related professionals, and not directly related to the arts. All I knew was they were trying to break current systems of education and living. But the unconventionality of it in due time became enough reason to go check it out. In other words, I signed up on pure whim.
An introductory email revealed details of who else had signed up to come. I was ecstatic! Mainly because of two discoveries:
  1. I wasn't an odd entry, there would be people of all ages, interests and professions. There's no way I was gonna pass up on this HUGE learning space.
  2. More than a couple of names were familiar. They were people I admired and had been following/stalking on social media since a while now. If they were coming, I'd go too. Period. What better way than interacting face to face, haina!

Moreover the conference was in Sardarshahar, a small town in the middle of the Thar desert, I hadn't ventured near yet. And small towns are my weakness. They always promise a heart-warming experience and never disappoint when it comes to visuals either! This was going to be a win in every sense of the word. 

Off I went, accompanied by my lovely friend Kabita and joined by Karan and Himmat on the way. This was funner than I had anticipated!








No comments:

Post a Comment